Who doesnt love an instant healthy glow? There is nothing quite like that fresh spray tan feeling.
Here at Nail Studio, we only use premium products from Moroccan Tan including Moroccan Dusk (a four-hour tan) and Moroccan Nights (a one-hour tan).
Key Features of Moroccan Tans:
- Fast drying, non-oily & non-sticky formula
- Violet base – rich violet bronzers mixed with deep ashy browns that uniquely react with each skin type to ensure a perfect bronze tan.
- Rosehip Oil – deeply nourishes and hydrates all skin types. It also helps protect the skin from premature ageing and improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Dermal Lock ensures key ingredients are captured and absorbed deeply into your skin.
- FT100 Firming & Toning Technology – a blend of Caffeine, Vitamins and O2 to achieve firmer skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Triple Moisture Lock; Moroccan Tans Trademarked blend of pure Argan Oil, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera provides intense hydration for the skin, ensuring a longer lasting tan.
- Loaded with Organic goodies; Argan Oil, Rose Hip Oil and Aloe Vera.
- Violet based means NO orange tones
- Sulphate and paraben free. Using only naturally derived alcohol.
- Made in Australia
We want you to get the most out of every tan that we apply so we thought that wed share a few of our favourite before and after tips and tricks.
Pre-Spray Tan Tips
- Remove unwanted hair from your body. Waxing or shaving 8 to 24 hours before the tan is important as the skin becomes prepared for the absorption of the tanning solution. The dead skin cells are removed from the upper layer of the skin, allowing the new and fresh skin to reap out.
- Shower before your session. Avoid using body washes, which are extra moisturising and opt for a gel-based body wash or bar soap. Don’t forget to also wash your body with exfoliating gloves or a soft washcloth and scrub your body.
- An essential spray tan before and after step that is often overlooked is remembering to wear loose and dark clothes to your spray tanning session. You should also wear loose shoes or flip-flops.
- Exfoliation plays a vital role in the tanning process. Exfoliating prior to the session will remove the dead skin and extend the life of your tan.
- Spray tanning before and after care also involves not wearing deodorant, lotions or perfumes both before and right after the spray tanning session. Deodorants tend to mix with the tanning solution and create unwanted results. In addition, makeup, perfumes and even jewellery will come in the way of the tanning solution and act as barriers for an even finish.
- Do not apply a moisturiser or body butter before the tanning session. These create streaks in the tan as the solution slides off from the skin instead of being absorbed.
Post-Spray Tan Care
- Do not shower for at least the instructed time after the spray tanning solution has been applied. This waiting period allows maximum tanning solution absorption for the skin.
- After the waiting period has passed, shower in warm water (it should not be too hot) and use a light, gentle body wash. The bronzer will run out, and when the water is no longer brown, pat dry yourself with a towel.
- Avoid activities that will make you sweat. This means no exercises, sports, dancing or jogging. You should also avoid the sun to prevent sweating. Sweating creates streaks in the tan.
- Spray tan before and after care involves avoiding chlorinated swimming pools that easily react with the tanning solution and cause an uneven fade.
- Moisturising the skin daily will help make the tan last longer, as well as help it to fade evenly.
- Do not use lotions or creams on your skin, which contain Alpha Hydroxyl Acids (AHAs) or Glycolic Acid as they tend to exfoliate the skin. Use a neutralizing pH body wash.
- Once you have bathed after the tanning session (after 6-8 hours), only then should you use perfumes, deodorants and makeup.
- Do not touch your body while your spray tan is drying off. This can leave fingerprints.